TurboLab, a custom automotive tuner and turbo installer in Orem UT, held a dyno shootout over the weekend with some truly incredible cars in attendance. How incredible? Here is a small sample:
- 2010 SS Camaro, Supercharged, 650 RWHP
- 2009 Shelby GT500, 530 RWHP
- Shelby AC Cobra Replica, 560 RWHP
- Dodge Viper GTS, Supercharged, 660 RWHP
- Toyota Supra, 1400 RWHP (Supposedly, I left before this one got on the dyno)
- Dodge Viper, Twin Turbo, 800+ RWHP (Again, I left before this one ran)
- First Gen SS RS Camaro, 540ci Merlin w/ Turbos, 648 RWHP
In addition to these, there were a number of other cars in attendance, including the STS ZR7 Corvette, an R34 Skyline GT-R, a first gen Skyline GT-R, a 2010 Shelby GT500, and at least a dozen other cars of various makes and models.
The event was a blast, and we had a chance to ride in both the supercharged 2010 SS Camaro, and the supercharged Viper GTS, both of which were crazy fast! There is nothing quite like the screaming howl of a supercharged V10 engine as you pound through the gears faster than you might imagine possible.
All in all the dyno shootout was a success, and we eagerly await the next one. If you need any tuning done, or want to dyno your ride, definitely check out TurboLaboratories.com.
Check out these videos from the event: