It’s become a tradition to cover the 5 most awesome cars of SEMA each year we go. This year was no exception in terms of showcasing exceptional cars. After much deliberation, here are the Daily Derbi top 5 cars of SEMA 2012:
5. Toyota Corolla E20 + Toyota GT86
Nothing catches your eye in a sea of new exotics like this rust orange Toyota Corolla E20. This clean example was displayed right next to the newest example of its evolution and it reminds us to treasure the past and work for the future.
4. Audi R8 V10 Twin Turbo by Underground Racing
Matte red paint, and two giant stage-3 turbos tipped us off to just how special this R8 is. Putting down 1500 HP to the wheels must be fun. It’s sporting HRE carbon fiber wheels and ridiculously wide rear tires.
3. Mazda 787 Race Prototype
2. Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition
Seeing a Lexus LFA at any time is epically awesome. Considering there will only ever be 500 of them, you’re lucky to ever see one. Factor in the rarity of the LFA Nurburgring edition (only 50 made) and that’s enough to giggle like a schoolgirl. Found in the Lexus booth, we were blown away to see it.
1. Acura NSX Concept
Originally unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this year, the NSX is a boon to Hondasexuals. Although still a concept, it’s been in the works for almost 10 years. With a hybrid V10 powertrain, and looks that were good enough for Tony Stark, it’s good enough for us to want it.
Those that didn’t make the list, but still made us triple take were:
1. McLaren MP4-12C – Only one in Utah, and therefore quite a rare sight to see. There were probably 6 on display, and each one gorgeous.
2. 2013 SRT Viper GTS – The new model style which none of us have seen on the streets yet. SRT did a great job of keeping the tried and true design, while incorporating a little bit of Fiat flare.
3. Lamborghini Aventador – It’s been around for over a year now, and still turns heads faster than Lindsay Lohan in a rehab facility.
Do you agree with our choices? Let us know!